Vintage Sewing Patterns: Butterick 6413 Keyhole Dress

by - 13:15

 
This month I decided to break all the rules with this Butterick 6413 pattern. It's seductive, revealing and not something you'll wear on a daily basis, but somehow it happened to be one of my favorite makes so far!
I've been thinking of sewing this dress for a while. It has such an interesting and unusual design, even though it's still a retro style dress. The pattern was surprisingly easy to work with and I'm really happy with the fit. I had to do some alterations though. Even though this pattern is painfully obviously designed for modest busts, I felt my bust line lays a bit lower than where it should be. I fixed that by extending the midriff details for about 2 cm (both back and front ones). I also decided to alter the sleeve details so they don't fall off the shoulders and bring the bodice up a bit. Even though it all sounds a bit complicated, it didn't take me much time to alter the pattern after I tried on my muslin.  

You May Also Like

0 comments