Burda Style Gypsy Dress

by - 13:04

I hardly ever use the same pattern twice, but sometimes I simply can't resist trying a particular style in in a new fabric. That's exactly what happened with this Burda Style dress that I made in cotton before and couldn't wait to replicate the original light weight design.





I wasn't very fond of viscose challis fabrics before, but luckily sewing my BurdaStyle tie waist dress changed my mind about this beautiful fabric. I picked floral print viscose challis fabric for my new dress and it was so easy to work with it. It's not a problem to sew it and it presses so nicely. Since it's such a delicate and thin fabric I finished my seams with French seams and bias biding tape. 


The pattern is Gypsy Dress from Burda Style. It's a nice and easy to work with pattern that I hacked just a bit by adding a 3/4 skirt instead of a gathered one. 


You May Also Like

1 comments